Veronika has truly creative style – it’s something I really admire about her. She pushes fashion just far enough. Her outfits are always interesting but also chic.
She’ll wear a dress with sneakers or some crazy accessory with a super textured coat, and pull it off. I wanted to show you more of her wardrobe and how she puts different looks together, so some of our team visited her at her Berlin apartment…
1. Describe your style in three words.
To quote the amazing Julie Burchill, “I ve got no style, I’ve just got a great personality” ;-)
2. One item in your wardrobe you can’t live without?
My jewelry that I wear every day – mini hoops with one diamond cross on the left ear that I got from my boyfriend. Several small rings from my mom and grandma, my Cartier trinity ring and this cool black enamel Hermès bracelet, both from my boyfriend. My Rolex that I got from my best friend. As they are all very personal pieces with meaning, I never take them off or change them.
3. How has your style evolved over the past five years?
I think I get to know myself better every day. So I am quicker and smarter to decide what’s good on me. But I find most interesting that I always come back to the same things. Happens in circles. I used to love Native Americans, wild horses and turquoise as a child and I fell in love with it in my twenties and now I’m back again, full on it.
4. The shoes you would walk a mile in, any day of the week?
Obviously Nike sneakers – at the moment, the trekking ones! I think they are called ACG?
5. How do you take into account your height when you get dressed in the morning?
Not at all.
6. What are the best places to shop right now?
Online (mytheresa.com, acnestudios.com and I do love vintage finds: vestiairecollective.com)! Once you know what you like, it’s so much easier to try it on at home. But I do love going to stores to browse and occasionally buy, which feels like a holiday and birthday together.
7. How much does Berlin influence your style?
I’m travelling so much I’m not really influenced by my new home. I’m rather influenced by wanting to be comfortably dressed.
8. What item do you always include in your suitcase?
Candles. I do love to buy my favorite ones in mini sizes. It gives every hotel room a good feel. Especially Annick Goutal has amazing ones.
9. When it comes to style, what’s most important: practicality, beauty or creativity?
I guess beauty will always win for me, but it’s a tough decision.
10. Who is your fashion icon?
Charlotte Rampling and Keith Richards.
Notebook, Anya Hindmarch
White Lace Dress, Ganni
For more style stories, click here!
Photos by Sandra Semburg.