If you’re like me, you’ve heard a lot of talk about Carine Roitfeld and her book these past few months… But really, you had no idea what it looked like! I finally just got my hands on a copy (see what I mean when I say I’m a little late on everything these days?!!) and I think it’s so great.
It’s big and soft, the layout is simple and beautiful and the way the text works with the pictures makes it a great read.
Here are a few images of my favorite pages. If you’d like, you can try to spot among them :
– The recipe for Carine’s coolitude.
– The editorial that inspired an ultra-scandalous Gucci campaign (look closer!)
– The perfect outfit if you’re pregnant.
– A page that made me feel super guilty… The “thank you notes” page. This is the kind of the thing I have to learn to do more often!
– The photo that helped me discover Crystal Renn… Shot in 2005, before anyone knew who she was!
– A few fashion photos that really meant a lot to me as a teenager… And that definitely influenced my style today.
– An ad campaign shot BY Carine.
– The proof that even Carine has had average hair days.
– My favorite photo of Helena Christensen.
– The cutest dedication ever. We’re all with you, Sisley!
Olivier Zahm, Alex Wiederin, Cathy Horyn and Carine Roitfeld all did an amazing job. You really feel welcomed into her world. It’s chic, warmhearted and cool.
Carine Roitfeld: Irreverent by Carine Roitfield, Olivier Zahm (Editor), Alex Wiederin (Editor), Cathy Horyn (Contributor), Published by Rizzoli
Translation : Tim Sullivan