Here’s why Violaine succumbed to the awful power of Jeffrey Campbells (she promised me she’d never go for them again, even if threatened).
“I bought them on a whim on a trip to NYC few seasons ago because (in no specific order):
1. I’m not a New Yorker (yet) and international impulsive purchases don’t count.
2. They make my legs longer.
3. I have tiny feet so it doesn’t look like I’m a clown, but more like I’m one of Charles Anastase’s muses or something.
4. The version I got it’s a very rare pattern (cough) so it makes it kind of exclusive (more cough).
5. If they make my legs longer, it makes me taller. So when I’m on a shoot it allows me to hold a conversation with a model’s boobs rather than a model’s crotch (doesn’t save from embarrassment but decreases it massively).
6. They are SOOOOOO comfortable.
7. I can wear them when I go out and I’m not scared to destroy them.
8. I’m so confident with my personal style that I don’t care what people think (some excuses can also be the biggest lies).
9. I’m French and in some ways probably a descendant of Coco Chanel so I can get away with everything (WOOOOWW).
And one day I stopped wearing them because I ran out of excuses.”
Violaine no longer wears Jeffrey Campbell and is the editor-in-chief of Velour magazine.