Avocado Toast for Two
• 1-2 avocados, depending on size
• 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
• 2 thick slices of sour dough bread
• 8 slices of watermelon radish
• 1 scallion, sliced thin
• 2 sprigs of fresh parsley or chervil
• 2 tsp. pickled mustard seed
• 1 small pinch of chili powder
• 1 pinch of flakey sea salt
• 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1. In a bowl, mash avocado.
2. Add lemon juice and a pinch of kosher salt.
3. Toast bread and layer with avocado mash, followed by radish, scallion, herbs, and mustard seed.
4. Finish with a sprinkling of chili, sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
• 1 cup mustard seeds
• 1 1/2 cup water
• 1 1/2 cup rice vinegar
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 tbl salt
1. In a small pot, add mustard seeds and cold water to cover. Bring to boil and immediately drain and repeat three times. On the final time, drain seeds and transfer into a jar.
2. Warm the water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Once it comes to a simmer and the sugar has dissolved, pour into jar with mustard seeds and allow to pickle for at least 3 hours before using.