Happy March !
Right now, I’m working on finishing my book – the deadline is coming up and that’s all I’m doing right now. I know that around me, fashion week is happening, projects are piling up at the studio and it’s really time that I got serious about Pilates, but with only twenty days left, the finish line, everything else is kind of on the back burner.
I miss everything. The blog, responding to your comments, lunch with friends, going shopping – anything I do, I keep thinking I should just be sitting at my laptop. It’s kind of like studying for exams. And that’s probably why I never finished my Master’s. Long term projects are torture to me. I prefer things that are quick, fluid, and imperfect. And working on a book is the opposite of that.
So this is a time where I’m pushing my own boundaries, and I’m doing something I never thought I was capable of. It’s also a time where my team has had to push itself too, and do things without me sometimes, so we’ve all learned a lot these past few months. Times like these are interesting, especially for me, since I’ve always given 200% to this blog. I always wondered what I would do if one day something else took up all my time (a book, or…a baby, for example)(no, I’m not pregnant, it’s just an example because I think it’s a question a lot of women ask themselves ;) and here I’m able to see. I’m learning.
You make things work. You do things differently. You learn, you adapt. You manage, you get organized.
It’s a good life lesson.
And it’s a frustrating time too – anyone who’s had to study for major exams knows what I mean. I love every minute spent on this book, but there are also times when I want to say ok enouuuugggh! I’m going for a walk!!! (And sometimes, I promise, I really do go). But frustration, as we all know, is a major source of inspiration.
I feel super inspired. I want fashion, springtime, travel, and something new. I’m lucky that I have to finish my book while the weather is so terrible. The days and days of rain, snow, and freezing weather (And it’s really freezing. The other day, it was 3 degrees Fahrenheit) – make it much easier. I stay at home working with a mug of tea. And I make a list of all the things I’ll do once I’ve submitted all my papers.
– Write the following posts (I always have a list of posts in my iPhone)
+ The tyranny of coolness (yeah, i know, I want to read it too)
+The bell bottom jeans I bring out every three years (does it mean I’m clever or just that I’ve been around the block a couple times?)
+ Are you a City Babe or a Beach Babe (it sounds dumb, but it’s a serious subject, actually)(I’m definitely a city babe, and I’m totally trying to make that change)
– Go to Pilates every other day, hoping to become a beach babe.
– Go to Isabel Marant and buy everything (I really loved the new collection)
– Start eating green veggies and steamed fish (suuuuuuure)
– Get ready for my birthday!!! This year, just like Drew Barrymore and two years later, Kate Moss (yeah, Im the girl woman who’s putting herself in the cool girl women group, I’m going to turn *$#@ 40!!! What would you do if you were me?
– Finally find an apartment. I’ve been looking for one for months, and even though my transition apartment is super cute, I can’t wait to be able to invite friends over for dinner without it looking like a college party where people have their plates on their laps (there are too many things in my life that look like college life right now, I think)(Life is unpredictable, kids. Hey – i should write a post on how unpredictable life is – there we go)
– Buy myself a ton of clothes, like, really change my style. Without changing myself, of course.
– Take an entire day to answer emails.
– Watch the new season of House of Cards in one weekend.
And that’s about it – just a bunch of unnecessary stuff, in fact. There’s really nothing like futility. That’s why I like doing this blog so much.
Oh yeah – one last thing on my list. I want to thank you for sticking with me through all these changes. The last few months have been hectic for me and my team, but we love what we do and and sharing it with you. And that’s why we’re trying to come up with as many opportunities to meet you as possible (we do this a lot through the newsletter) and it’s great every time. With the book tour, there will be even more chances to meet you all!!! I can’t wait to tell you more about that.
I send you big hugs, and oh, by the way – my team and I are leaving for Paris this week (even though I’ll probably be stuck in my room finishing the book) and we’ve rented an apartment. I think it will be pretty fun, so if you want to follow us, check out @garancedore and @studiodore). So this week we’ll be covering Fashion Week. And you’ll also meet Rados, our new style icon. You’re going to love her and there will be lots of inspiration for spring, because I’m sure spring will eventually come one day.
Ok, big kisses!!
Signed, your favorite beach babe ;)
Translated by Andrea Perdue